Wednesday, August 13, 2008

ARTOUTWEST DAILY PAINTING AUGUST 13 DOUBLE DUCKS


16 X 12 OIL ON CANVAS
DOUBLE DUCKS
I just love these goofy guys, I hope they find a good home.
I usually don't tell a bunch about myself and my every day goings on, but this is one I have to tell
The other day, while in Montana, we had a hail storm, wind and lots of rain all at once. The next morning my sister in law and I decided to go pick huckleberries very early in the morning. It was cold, like in the 30's the sun was coming up, mist and frost with filtered early morning sunlight. It was as if God had just washed all the berries and set them in a freezer for good picking. The crop was outstanding, you could sit in one spot for hours -all perfect berries. We picked quite a few, our feet sopping wet, cold cramped hands, and if you have ever picked, it is impossible to stop. Hubby had to come find me and pull me out. Needless to say I am making pies and Jam this week. Our friends who own a distillery will also be making huckleberry vodka. Thank you mother nature.
Post a Comment
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...